I tagged myself on this meme. Because, you know, the world doesn't just get up and hand you what you want. Sometimes you have to just smack people around and take what you can get.
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To Doing:
- Dublin, baby. There's a Guinness (or 10) with my name on it and I'm so ready to be there, doing that.
- Finishing this semester. Awesome Class morphed into Awful Class and it's time to kick it to the curb. Of course, the very next week I start another batch of classes...
- Sitting outside sipping white wine and munching seafood at a sidewalk cafe. No that I actually have plans to do that, per se, but I'm sure it will come to be
ifwhen the weather cooperates.
- Finishing the latest and greatest Modern Baby blanket. Sooo close!
- Dinner! I have plans for cooking up some Enchilada MADNESS tonight! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- And here's the rub - I'm kinda out of "looking forward to" stuff now. Eight things is a lot. Okay, how about sleeping tonight? Sleep would be a good thing, and I don't get nearly enough time staring at the backside of my eyelids lately.
- Hmmm. Casting on with that new blue cotton I bought at the Point. It's going to be a baby blanket of some breed and I'll need to get it done early in June. Must finish stuff first.
- Getting a fresh new I-Pod. Perhaps for my birthday, later in the summer?
Eight Things I Did Yesterday
- Well, yesterday sucked. I had a burrito for breakfast; that was kind of nice and I'm afraid it was pretty much the highlight of my day.
- Went to work.
- Went to class (see how exciting my life is.)
- Pet a whining kitty-cat.
- Knit 16 stitches. Incorrectly. Frogged 16 stitches.
- Spoke to my mother 4 different times during the day (I think I might have to change my number...)
- Almost cried twice; once when I realized that the paper that was "finished" was no longer finished and had to be finished once again, and then when I read a really sad short story.
- Wore my new rain boots. They suctioned to my feet and I had to recruit Ben to pry them off of me.
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do
- Quit my job and travel the world and still get paid.
- Hex stupid and/or annoying people with a simple magical wink (or nose-twitch, if we want to go old-school)
- Write stuff I want to write all day. And be good at it.
- I wish that when I said "everything will be okay," that everything really would be okay, because I've found that any time I find myself in a situation that calls for me to say it will be okay, it never is.
- Win the lottery.
- Play the piano. Really well.
- Alan Rickman.
Eight TV Shows I Watch
- House. His surliness makes me feel better about all of the horrible thoughts I have every day. Sometimes he just says what I want to say.
- CSI Miami. Because I want Horatio to come save me when the hurricane comes or someone wacks out and shoots up the school.
- CSI New York: Because I can't stop having sexy dreams about Gary Sinise.
- Law and Order: Anything: Because it doesn't matter if I fall asleep, if I get distracted by knitting or if I just give up and go to bed. Chances are, everything will work out okay.
- 24: Because of Jack Bauer. But I'm totally behind this season, so don't tell me what's going on.
- BBC News and World Focus: Because the incompetent local news programs make me angry.
- No Reservations:You know I can't resist Anthony! Even when he eats blood stuffed lamb bladder.
- Fringe: It's like X-Files all over again, but different. I'm stuck on this one these days, but Fox keeps spilling stupid old American Idol over into the Fringe time slot, which keeps my DVR from getting the end. Grrrr.
Eight Items I Need
- New I-Pod (as mentioned above).
New dishes. And silverware.
Kindle 2. !!!
Dresser to hold all my crap.
New flip-flops. The sparkley-cute kind, with little heels.