It's that time again.
Come on, you know what I mean. Everyone is spouting their resolutions and proudly stepping up to the plate for the New Year. While here I am still whimpering along in 2005.
S0...resolutions from a slacker...
1) I will find my TV. I know it's there somewhere, lost in the chaos. I will thoroughly devote myself to becoming the couch potato I was before this move.
2) My kitchen! I will thoroughly mess it up. Once it is properly and fully installed, I will spill olive oil on the counter. I will cover the stove top in splashes of tomato sauce and I will splatter dough on the backspash. I will make it feel loved.
3) I will torture my cats weekly. They are old and need to be harassed a bit, so I will force them to submit to weekly baths. Don't pity them, pity me! Trust me, they've stopped grooming ~ they need the baths!
4) I will knit something from my yarn stash. Anything. Anything at all, just to prove that I need a stash. If I don't find some way to justify it soon, Ben might cash it in for a nice bottle of Scotch!
5) I will cut back on drinking. I will only drink occasionally, and not too much. I mean, I'll have to continue to drink wine with meals, of course. And when I go out with friends I have have a beer or two. But only moderately. A couple here and there. And maybe I should only have the expensive drinks, like Cosmos, so I have to think about it each time. Oh, and if someone else is paying, I can drink a lot more, and I'll choose the trendy champagnes, because, let's face it, someone else is paying! I can drink too much then! Or when we're celebrating something very, very important, like a FO or something. And extra drink or so there won't be amiss. Oh! or if I'm on vacation. Vacations justify extra booze, right? And what about Friday nights? Everyone needs to celebrate Friday. And I'll probably drink an itsey bit too much tomorrow night, so we won't even count that, right? I mean, New Year's resolutions don't kick in until the 2nd, right? Oh, crap. I have a brunch on the 2nd and I've already committed to buying the first round of Mimosas. I'm sure everyone else will want to buy a round too and there are 8 of us. Okay, we're start this on the 3rd, okay? But it won't be in effect on the 4th because I have a dinner date with a friend I haven't seen in a long time and we planned to really get toasted to catch up and celebrate. And on the 6th I wanted to go to that restaurant with the really, really good vanilla martinis...
New Year's Resolutions Revised, from a Slacker with Lower (more reasonable) Expectations of Herself:
1) I will leave Ben alone while he digs out the TV and figures out how to make it go.
2) I'll cook something in my new kitchen so it's not a complete waste of time and money.
3) I will encourage Ben to take the cats to the groomer every few months so we don't all die of dander poisoning.
4) I'll try to finish at least a scarf or something so I can still call myself a knitter. And I'll try to spend less than $1500 on yarn I have no use for.
4) I won't kill anyone. Intentionally.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!